Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Desire




It's been around awhile, possibly since copyrighted by Max Ehrmann in 1927. My first introduction was by listening to the LP by Les Crane in 1971/72. I still have the album and play it a few times a year on the brand new old Crosley Victrola my son relII gave me a few years back.

Although I didn't write it, this piece is what comes to mind when I hear the word desire. Listening to it helps me refocus and see what is worth desiring in my life and it always lifts my spirit.


Strive to be happy: The object of my desire!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rob Kistner said...

Very cool Rel, a most thoughtful post!

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rel,thanks for this..

10:21 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Strive to be happy. It seems like such a simple thing, but can get all complicated and difficult on the day to day.

12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A worthy goal to strive for.

Rose

xo

9:52 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

happiness is truly a blessing :)

2:23 PM  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Nicely reflective. This is my favorite piece of encouragement...I'm fascinated by your new/old Crosley Victrola. I have a ton of vinyl that could use a listen... Nice post!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Pearl said...

I love that Erhmann poem.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home