Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's been a hard day's night, and I've been working like a dog!





I've been a little recalcitrant in my posting this week due to the past weekend reminding me of a Beatles song. When I first broke into this Anesthesia business I could work all night and bounce back the next day with nary a dark circle under my eyes. However these days it take me considerably longer to bounce back from an all-nighter. That could be interpreted in a couple of ways, but here I'm specifically referring to working all night.

Here it is Thursday and I'm finally feeling 100%. The week has been overly busy also. Tuesday serendipity intervened, like the rays of a bright morning sun, and I got to be the first anesthetist to "pass gas" in our brand spanking new OR.


Morning sun photo from Karen



L to R. rel, Marty, Kari, Letti, Kim, Steve. First team, first day; OR #1


TaDa!!!!!!

Just another day in paradise!


Kim assisisting Dr. Majak with a bunionectomy.



Dr. Majak having a conference with Letti, the OR nurse manager! ;)

All in all is was a good day even though we started from a minus 2 on the readiness scale to Up-to-speed by ten AM. We finished the day at 1815 and everybody felt pretty-darn-good.
The team effort from the cleaning staff, pharmacy, tech crew, supply people, nurses both OR and ACU was superlative. Most definitely a job well done!!!!!

The number of runs up the stairs to 3rd floor main OR qualified this day as an aerobic training day so we skipped the gym after work.





6 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

Your staff looks like a lot of fun. congrats for being the first to pass gas in your new OR.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How great that the new OR is up and running! Magnificent effort Rel and crew!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

What a great team you have - letting you take photos and even doing funny poses!

Sorry you had such a rough weekend on call..... hope you have a lovely weekend this time around.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Well I never thought I'd ever say this to anyone but...congrats on being the first one to pass gas! LOL Sounds like you have a great team of people to work with and I'm glad they didn't mind you taking their pictures:-) Hopefully this coming weekend will be a more relaxing one for you. xox

6:30 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Wow, great new OR...you look as if you have a bit of fun (like the 'conference' bit).

I know what you mean about not having the stamina we did when we were younger. New Year's Eve just about did for me...and I was only up to 1 am. That used to be an all nighter...not these days, I'm afraid.

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had to pass gas I would want to do it with you ;)

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home