Monday, January 28, 2008


The trip to Albany to visit our daughter was occasioned by a plan for a surprise birthday party arranged by M's friend Erin. Despite claiming to suspect something was up, she really didn't have a clue and we pulled it off perfectly. Her brother and his lady showed up as well as M's new boss and other friends from work. The actual day of her birth is next Sunday which is also Superbowl Sunday, so she gets two celebrations. It was a great weekend and there was shopping, eating, and partying enough to make the prospect of returning to work after a week off seem welcome. I did retire earlier than usual last night being that I'm on call tonight and the four hour drive home took a small toll on my reserve.

Now it's out to the gym to stimulate some muscle cells.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jellyhead said...

That cartoon brought a smile to my face this morning!

I'm glad to hear the weekend was good fun, and that your daughter got a genuine surprise....they're tricky to pull off!

Hope you have a great week Rel.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Here's to a great weekend. I'm glad your daughter's birthday turned out so well.

1:21 AM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Family times - there's nothing like them. :)

3:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This image was a good wake up call!

Lol

1:29 AM  
Blogger Mélanie said...

Time shared with family ..is the best time . Sounds great. I love surprises above all for my birthday

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home