Wednesday, January 09, 2008


The weather man says rain and wind today with a high of 55 degrees F. Golly Mr. Wilson, ain't this just some kinda bafflin' weather? Never seen nothing like it afore, lessin' you count that December in "75 when it was 6o degrees and rainy and mud all 'round. Like ta suck the boots off'n yer feet just walkin' to the car.

Heck can't do nothin' to change ricky, might just as well enjoy it whilst ya ken, cause sure as shootin it'll turn freezin' cold any day now.

Yup, no wonder folks is gettin' sick right and left these days. Why the missus been sick with one thing or 'nother since we got back from vistin' them frenchies. I tell ya, it ain't natural, it ain't. They say it's that globes warning, but I don't know nuttin 'bout that, i just knows it ain't right. Sump'n bads gonna happen; I knows it. Just you wait and see.

So, other then that, how ya been?

Fair ta midlin I 'spect; fair ta midlin. I's on call last night, but thank the good lord, I didn't get nary a call. Well, ceptin' that ectopic we done at five, but shucks I's already there so I guess that don't count as a call in. Yup, ya wouldn't a believed it; It looked like she had a bilateral (that'd be both sides) ectopic! Darn, Nobody ever heard a such-a-thing. The doc, he took the more obvious one and said we'd watch her to make sure the other wasn't. I said to him; what's this we business? I just put'm ta sleep an' waken thems up, after that the watchin's up ta you bud!

Anyway mose, it's gettin' 'bout that time. Gonna do some pushups, take a PTA and shuffle on down the road and see what's in store for me t'day.

Y'all have a great day bud; smile at everyone ya meets. ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

Love your voice here. If you get what we have, it will soon coolright back down for you.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

Tee hee! I love the 'accent'.

For some reason, this post reminds me of a line from the movie 'No Country for the Old Men', where the sheriff and his deputy are surveying a scene of bloodbath, with several men lying dead. The deputy comments on what a godawful MESS it is. Sherrif retorts dryly, "Well if it ain't, it'll do until one gets here". That line had me astonished and amused, and I thought to myself I'd never forget it. Something about that laconic style of expression just appeals to me!

I will be sure to smile at lots of people today, Rel ..... here's my first smile :)

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had spring weather here for two days. Now, it's cold again.

I don't know whether to be grateful for the preview, or annoyed at the tease!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

Loved reading this, made me smile. Like the little poem above too.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home