Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Blow, blow, thou winter wind.
Thou art not so unkind
As man’s ingratitude;
Thy tooth is not so keen,
Because thou art not seen,
Although thy breath be rude.
Heigh-ho! sing, heigh-ho! unto the green holly:
Most friendship is feigning, most loving mere folly:
Then, heigh-ho, the holly!
This life is most jolly.
Freeze, freeze, thou bitter sky,
That dost not bite so nigh
As benefits forgot:
Though thou the waters warp,
Thy sting is not so sharp
As friend remember’d not.
Heigh-ho! sing, &c.


Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind
 gif
Act II, Scene 7 from As You Like It by William Shakespeare (1600)

Today = 52 degrees F., Raining

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In California a storm hit that raised havoc...it was cold, windy and down right wicked.
Trees flew like leaves, cars flipped, roof went north bound, electricity off for millions.
I called my parents and my Mother who wakes up at 5am and goes goes goes was in bed...it was 9am!! I asked her what was wrong and she said, "It is too cold, no heat, and they announced to stay inside."

Wow, what a shock my Mother stayed inside!

52 F., sounds like you have California weather and they have yours!!

Provence is sunny and feels like spring.

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So easy to see why Shakespeare's work endures.

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rel, today is in the mid 70's and partly cloudy.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

We're having the same kind of weather you are having over there...this is so very rare for us for this time of year. It's been foggy for the last 2 days and it's pouring rain right now...a lot of our snow has melted and the grass is really starting to show.

It's funny you should post that Shakespeare poem because yesterday while I was in the thrift shop I came across quite a few old books of Shakespeare, one of them from 1904. I almost bought them but I don't collect books and that's all I need is another collection! lol

Hope you're keeping well! xox

2:31 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I love Shakespeare's poetry. Excellent choice.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home