Sunday, March 30, 2008

#104 Out of this World



"Do you believe there is life beyond Earth? If so, what might it be like, and if not, why not? "

This is todays prompt. I didn't make it up and infact I was chagrined that this question was asked. Why? Well because! Because, first of all, I didn't want to be the one to tell people about life off planet. Secondly, I thought most people already know that there is a myriad of life forms in the universe.

At first I tried to avoid this approach to the topic and so I searched my mind high and low, awake and asleep to come up with some event; some excellent meal, some sublime sexual encounter, some titillating, tantalizing,earth shattering vacation, but alas I could not. Not because I've not had any of those happenings in my life, but rather that I've never used the term "Out of this world" to describe them. You see (notice the word see; I'm a visual being), it's like hypnotizing a client and failing to do an adequate interview before starting the session. I.E., trying to get someone to envision themselves basking in the sun on a warm sandy beach when they have never been to a beach is a prescription for failure. You may find this particular example odd, but just as recently as last week I had a client tell me just that. Ask someone who's never eaten or even peeled an orange to recall the pungent smell while peeling an orange is futile. All this to say, "Out of this World" is not a term I utilize to describe wonderful experiences, so my treasure chest of imaginings could not conger up an essay along those lines.

Therefore you see, my options this week were to either opt out of participating this week and thereby avoid the ridicule and seething attacks of non-believers, or to stand tall and tell the facts and take the diatribes upon my broad shoulders.

Rather than a long, (by long, I mean a book length dissertation) drawn out presentation, I'll just offer some bullet comments and a poem to peak your curiosity and perhaps lead you to seek greater knowledge. (I'm available for private commiseration on this topic.)

  1. Is there life beyond earth? YES!
  2. Would it be vainglorious to believe otherwise? YES! (You're welcome D. ;))
  3. Are there aliens from other worlds living here on earth? Yes; Venusians would be one example.
  4. How could one recognize them? They operate all the funeral parlors in our world.
  5. Are there planets in our solar system with whom which we have dealings? Yes: Skeletos.
  6. What are black holes, really? They are gigantic tubes (think subway here) through which intergalactic travel takes place.
  7. How do I know this? Interviews with the 10s of thousands of persons who have had near death experiences.
  8. Why should we believe you? You shouldn't, not until you have completed the required level (the 11 levels or planes of consciousness). Einstein tried to tell the world, as did Asimov, and Herbert. Others who knew and tried to impart the knowledge to the masses were Mohammad, Buddha, Jesus, and Aesop. Ghandi knew,
  9. well the list is quite lengthy, but the point is only a few listened, heard and were enlightened.
I'll leave you with this feeble attempt at poetry to perhaps make you think out side your box:

Out of this World

When you travel out of this world
What can you expect to see?
Is the firmament all a whorl
With twinkling in the midnight sea?

Every planet, star and huge galaxie
Is but a reprint of this orb-
Where life abounds in grand array
With complexities we can't absorb.

Of course there is no place
Exactly like our own.
In this outer space
There is no perfect clone.

Each universe is but a stepping stone
On the path to sweet nirvana.
Each lifetime is a chance to hone
Our personal hosanna.

When we've learned to live
In perfect quietude
And find it's love we have to give,
Plus fervent gratitude.

We'll be vacumned through
One last black hole
To a place you always knew;
The repository for the soul.











OH, BTW, these other life forms, They don't resemble us in any way, with the exceptions of the Venusians who live here. They had to give up their natural form to come here. But, just so you know, it was a conscious choice on their part.

Choice. Isn't that a nice word?

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger JP (mom) said...

"When we've learned to live ...
and find it's love we have to give"

No matter where your place in the Universe ... this is what it's all about. Great take on the prompt! Peace, JP/deb

12:39 PM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Interesting thoughts. Dare I say, out of this world? :-)

1:33 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

Pluto on Pluto..

Oh how you crack me up you clever man!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

your views are out of this world Rel! :)
I would LOVE a post of some of these interviews with those who have been to 'the other side' Please!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I love the idea of black holes as subway tubes!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

I love it, love it, love it! And to put Pluto back in the planetary lineup is superb! Big grins.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

exceptional...

WDS

5:04 PM  
Blogger Granny Smith said...

What a wonderfully complex weaving of forms and ideas, from "Out of this world" as a superlative phrase, to the humor of you numbered list, to the sweetness of the poem (if you don't mind my describing it as such!)

An exceptional post.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always a pleasure to read your different way of approach! Very refreshing..

debris of our making

12:22 PM  
Blogger overactive-imagination said...

I'd like to be made privy to some of these "aliens" you've encountered.
I enjoyed your poem too.
Dawn

8:36 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

My grandma owned a funeral home, so I must be part Venusian.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home