Wednesday, March 26, 2008

You knew me not

She came to this place
Not entirely unbidden.
The invite, a lark almost;
Thought 'twould be unheeded.
Until the day and he
Walked past.
Walked past the glass
And saw her looking out.
Their eyes locked for
But a moment--
Instant recognition by
Strangers.....two!
He hurried on, afraid
To ask the question-
Stopping then, two blocks away,
Knowing he had to know.
Hurriedly returning, rushing
Through the door......
All he saw, an empty chair and this.....
Just a token poem for him
Only, to read and know.
Doubt erased, she had come.
Illusory? No, they knew.

You knew me not, when you did pass
And now my face you've seen
through this dirty window glass,
you knew me not, when you did pass.

Here beside my demitasse
words to show I'm keen.
You knew me not, when you did pass
and now my face you've seen.

Glass
Question
Token

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

This was really good and I'll admit I had to read it twice to fully get it. ;) XXOO

8:19 PM  
Blogger TC said...

I really enjoyed this. Both points of view made it very interesting.

8:41 PM  
Blogger paisley said...

wow... a poem within a poem... strangers in the night..
and a mystery all wrapped up in one... bravo!!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

How wonderfully mystical/magical and mysterious. Love it!

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm awed by it

10:53 PM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

So, is there a true story behind this at all? Very clever, very mysterious!

12:35 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

There's so much - everything - in this one.
Great job.

6:04 AM  
Blogger UL said...

beautiful rel. just beautiful :)

8:30 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I am always amazed at what you do with those prompts. Pure genius.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that was very good... how passive we sometimes are and missed opportunities everywhere...

5:11 PM  
Blogger PJD said...

This is enchanting. Both the story and the poetry.

10:06 AM  
Blogger J.C. Montgomery said...

Everyone before has already said pretty much how I feel...

"really good"
"I enjoyed this.."
"Bravo!"
"Love it!"
"Great job"
"Beautiful."
"Pure genius."

I know, not very original, but a propos, as they are all true!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

Romantic, mysterious, and sort of fanciful. It left me wanting to know more.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home