Friday, April 18, 2008

Ar lims sape rowd sactigous*

I’ve served caprussule faithfully

For forty cack and some.

The glureon held me happily,

But skrey, the mozzle’s come.

And now ‘tis time

She says to me;

What once was fine

‘Twill no longer be.

Beware, said I, of idleness,

When bloom fades into Fall.

Without routine, and empty nest,

The days may seem a pall.

Your gardens await

Industrious hands.

E-bay linens by the gate

To send through-out the lands.

Grand-kids come from Texas,

Books to read galore.

Wine to fill the glasses,

Trips to take and more.

Plant your bulbs, pull the weeds,

Putter around your home.

What ever call your whimsy heeds;

Your spirits free to roam.

Floating down the river

On a lazy afternoon;

Paddle all aquiver,

Margaritas by the spoon.

As a nurse, a mom, a wife,

You’re a real go-getter.

You’ve dedicated all your life,

To making our lives better!

Now it’s time for you

To satisfy your soul;

To put the icing on your cake,

And make yourself feel whole.

I’ve served caprussule faithfully

For forty cack and some.

The glureon held me happily,

But skrey, the mozzle’s come



















Friday 5
* The winds of time blow in retirement.
photo: http://www.deviantart.com/print/2959292/

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger paisley said...

although i still work a menial job three days a week,, i feel more or less retired,, and i cannot wait till the more overtakes the less!!!!!

oh to be able to just stay home,, and have a retirement income.. to me,, that will be my own personal slice of heaven,.......

you worked those crazy words in well....

8:34 AM  
Blogger poefusion said...

Rel, I loved your poem too. Everyone is doing such a fine job. Aside from the beginning I liked this line E-bay linens by the gate You certainly have a voice even with unusual words in the mix. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice day.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Ah, this is wonderful! E-Bay linens by the gate and margaritas by the spoon choked me up! The non-words fell right into place! Love it!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

You're making wish I were the one retiring right now. I hope D. enjoys the new phase of her life.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I can't wait to get me a spoon and try a margarita in a new way! haha
Great poem Rel!
Good luck doing all those wonderful layed back fun things. You surely have worked long enough!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Karina said...

I love this, it had such great flow to it, and man, did you ever make those faux words work!!!

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this and the lovely tribute to your wife. I 'retired' last July and I have no regrets about giving up work..

3:45 AM  
Blogger Head Cookie said...

Hey Rel,

Another great post. I however as a nurse have many more years before I get to retire. Cheers to those who are getting ready to and who are enjoying it already.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

You must get this printed out and up somewher so you both can read it and appreciate it over and ove again - it's just wonderful!
'What ever call your whimsy heeds;' is definitely my fav line.

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home