Sunday, April 20, 2008


It's Sunday and I haven't scribbled. What can the matter be? The prompt for today was/is compose. Yesterday I wrote a piece, still incomplete, which may or may not ever see the light of day, intending to edit it for submission today. Yet nothing is forthcoming!

The reason, you see, is that in composing the events of today last night I failed to account for the decomposition of my composure that customarily follows a long training run.

Early morning, and the temp was fine and off I trotted. Finished the eleven miles and while happy with my performance my body was sending me distress signals. Nothing new this, and so on to the 15 minute ice water plunge to stop the mitocondrial break down which causes the next day's incapacitating muscle soreness. Followed by incredible fatigue, necessitating a nap.

All the while aware that I should be penning something to post for S.S., but alas my mind was unable or unwilling to wrap itself around any articulate topic of any sense or use. So I cede to the weariness and set my sights on a sestina for tomorrows Monday Mural........

And now

To
bed
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jellyhead said...

Hope you feel better after a good sleep Rel!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I'm glad you were actually able to compose something afterall.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

I only raked the front lawn and my brain felt like that! lol Seriously, I can only imagine how completely exhausted you must feel (mind and body) after such strenuous training. Just don't you go overdoing it, Mr. Rel...Pea's orders!!! We had temps in the high 70's over the weekend so we went from winter to summer just like you did...amazing how Mother Nature can change her mind so rapidly! But then, she's a woman....hehe Have a great week my friend. xox

2:34 PM  
Blogger paisley said...

well i skipped the run and took the nap and composed a little... but mostly i am just decomposing......

11:18 PM  
Blogger Head Cookie said...

Sweet dream Rel. zzzzzz

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home