Wednesday, July 16, 2008



A S'more

S'mores

or

S'mores history and lore


In yesterday's post I mentioned S'mores. My blog friend Jellyhead inquired as to what smore/smores referred to. The two click-ons (no, that's not Klingons) immediately above describe this delicious camping desert very well.

Aunty Michelle and Hailey roasting marshmallows over the top of the chimenea, (perfect for a browning a marshmallow to perfection) on the 4th of July.


Every afternoon since the 1st of July I'm asked two questions: Grandpa, are you going to take a bath in the river with us tonight?, and Are we going to make s'mores tonight?

Night before last we did have a s'more fest, sans pouring rain, and drew the neighbors in as well.
New made friends, Grace, and Shane were here. Bonnie and Dick came over and participated. Crystal took a toasted marshmallow to Grace's mom who was busy on the phone and couldn't join us and Shane took two s'mores back to his camp to share with his mom. Kids and s'mores are great ice-breakers and they taste good too.

This morning we are all traveling to Syracuse, NY, to meet The girl's dad who is flying in from Texas. My namesake son's, relII, ETA is 1430. He shares a birthday with his grandma, D's mom.
On the 21st he will turn 36 and his grandma will celebrate her 80th. We'll travel to Chateauguay Lake, NY for the party.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

S'mores, lake swimming and birthday parties...?

I'm on my way.


Looks absolutely divine!! Yay!


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

12:29 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Yum. Smores. I think the girls and I will make them when we're camping on vacation.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

Well I've learnt something new today.... and smores sound delicious. Thank you so much Rel for explaining them to me. I feel well-eqipped to explain them to other Aussies, and next time we have a fire, I may just have to make some!

I hope you have a happy time away, celebrating family birthdays.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Dave did not know about s'mores until he met me, now he's hooked!

We have s'more Christmas ornaments on our tree. ;)

Safe travels and lots of fun.

HUGS

4:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

LOVE 'Smores!!!! Save me some? ;)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

mmm summer fun ... I've forgotten - until December anyway ;)

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home