Thursday, July 24, 2008

There is a huge empty space in the cottage this morning! Our two little sugar beets, Bossy Cow, and Snorebert have winged their way back to south Texas.. They flew out of Syracuse yesterday and right towards Hurricane Dolly. As you might imagine, it was tough enough saying good bye, but the thought of them getting stranded some where because of the hurricane, which hit shore near their home, doubled everyone here's worry.
Their dad called us as soon as the plane touched down in Corpus to say that the had arrived without mishap, and only 1/2 hour late. He said it wasn't even raining there at the airport, although the ground was wet from recent rain. So much for the Weather Channel hype.

We will all look fondly back on the last three weeks for a long time to come. I can't tell you when I've enjoyed my self more. This time together lived up to all our expectations. Having all our kids home and our grandchildren to boot made for everlasting memories. We have every intention of repeating this next year but, hey, life is full of surprises, and only death or alzheimers can erase these past 3 weeks from my memory.

Next week the 2 little munchkins will travel with their mother to the San Francisco area to spend some time with their other grand parents. What a great summer those kids are having!

As our family regroups in their disparate corners of the country, we face a new day with high spirits and thanks in our hearts!

Richard the "Flower Child" Wright wearing a daisey chain made by Hailey.
Childhood chums return from birthday fishing trip: Andy and BL .

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Rel for sharing your summer holiday with Bossy Cow and Snorebert. We really enjoyed all the fun times y'all had.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Charming crown.

Stunning sunset.

Thank you, I will spend some time losing myself in the sunset photo.
So very beautiful, thanks for having us there on your shores.


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

1:23 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Gorgeous water shot. I'm glad your family's visit was so wonderful. I hope you can do it again next year.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Head Cookie said...

Rel,

what an awesome post. I have missed blogging but I am back up and running. This is an awesome post and I am so happy that your family made it home safely. I hope you are having a wonderful summer as well. Hugs to you.

10:46 PM  
Blogger JP/deb said...

What a wonderful time for you all! I'm so glad you had these precious weeks - what a gift! xx, JP/deb

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home