Wednesday, August 06, 2008

It's Wednesday Morning and it's raining!
(That's new?)
There's thunder rumbling off to the west,
but not far enough off
to make me feel confident enough
to slide my kayak in to the river
for a morning paddle.

Thunder, lightning forecast:
70% chance.
Guess I'll drive today.
Bah.

To my Anonymous (BW) commenter:
HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY! (Aug 3rd).
Is it 40th or 41st?

After working
All night on Monday,
I went for a 3 hour paddle
yesterday morning.
I'd forgotten just how
magnificent that feels.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

I hope the morning time on the water was serene.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi Rel. Love the photo of the lighthouse framed by the trees. Was that where you were?

3:02 AM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Loving the photos!

3:38 AM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Is there music to go with that? Like singing in the rain... but different?

Glad you are wary of the storms.
Glad that you go out and do this when you can.


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so love lighthouses. I love what they represent symbolically and literally. Safety in a storm.

My friend wanted me to go kayaking in the Chicago River. I had no problem with the kayaking, but a big problem with the prospect of possibly capsizing in the Chicago River. Yuck!

I'm glad you enjoyed your paddling!

9:09 PM  
Blogger JP/deb said...

Poetic prose and lovely photos. Awesome that you had an inspiring paddle! JP/deb

1:23 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I'm not a fan of lightning when I'm on water either. I do love that lighthouse pic, though.

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home