Saturday, August 02, 2008

Set your guilt Free by ~lollirotten-emma

http://www.deviantart.com/print/3768240/

Do I Have To?

Do I have to feel guilty
For the thoughts I hold inside?
And when, unbidden, there you pried,
Do I have to feel guilty
For the feelings you now abide?

Do I have to say I'm sorry
For the feelings you choose to hold?
Or if the day is ruined; and more days, untold.
Do I have to feel sorry,
Lest my heart begin to mold?

Do I have to apologize
For the person that I portray?
Can I lay aside for just one day,
Do I have to make apology;
Say "out damned spot", I'm really not okay?

Do I have to feel guilty?
Do I have to say I'm sorry?
Do I have to apologize?

No
The button shorted out!

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Blogger paisley said...

well thank you my dear for saying so... i don't wanna do it anyway....

8:11 PM  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Oh, but no. Of course not! Nice work!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

wonderful poetry... thanks!

9:42 PM  
Blogger mareymercy said...

Interesting, and clever, as usual!

12:19 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Great poem. And no!

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said! Nice one.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Rambler said...

every line..every line of this poem I could see myself..just loved to read this

11:10 AM  
Blogger JP/deb said...

An anthem for letting go of the guilt and obligation ... bravo! JP/deb

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear hear!! There are few more damaging feelings/perspectives that we inflict upon ourselves - or allow to be inflicted. A nicely articulated counter to the pointlessness that is "guilt".

12:07 PM  
Blogger danni said...

you chose a great picture to compliment the thoughts in this stirring piece - loved it!!!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

hi Rel, this poem is so excellent and relatable!
In my case ... Yes, unfortunately I do.
hope all is well with you., :)

1:42 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

yes indeed...let us all have a guilt free day. bring on the chocolate cake!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

That poem echoes my sentiments exactly! Thank you, Rel.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Truevision said...

So inspiring!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I agree!
And love the illustration.

6:08 AM  
Blogger UL said...

do i have to? no...do i want to? yes :)

11:18 AM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Amen.


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

5:48 PM  
Blogger lollirotten-emma said...

Absolutely love the poem!

and this is much of a surprise to me, since that's my drawing :D
thanks for putting the link to my deviant profile, i really appreciate it (:

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home