Monday, August 11, 2008

Words from a wrinkled, old white haired dude:

Went to Buel Street Bistro in Brockville on Friday night with
the Heiss clan which gave us the opportunity to meet Alba, Skye's friend from Spain, whom he met while studying German in Austria.


The weekend was superb. The weatherman, Rick, was wrong. I've got these weather guys figured out: They forecast rain, (80% for Saturday and 70% for Sunday) then if it rains they say, see, I told you. If it doesn't rain, (which it didn't on either day) who cares if he's wrong.

I did a lot of reading....all day Saturday, and finished the book on Sunday.

Went for a little kayak ride Sunday afternoon with D. and we came upon a deer drinking. We were downwind so got within 10 to 12 feet of her before she noticed us. We sat still as a stone and she watched us warily for 3 or 4 minutes before deciding to leap back into the underbrush and surer safety. We, the two camera Nazis, both forgot our cameras....duh!





Earlier in the day on Sunday, BW decided to try kayaking for the first time. As D. says, she's a natural. She got in and out with style and grace and nary a spill.
I think another kayaker has been recruited!





The recruiter/teacher.


The new recruit, showing off her paddling skills.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

Nice new paddler. You guys are getting a regular cult following there.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you have those weather fellas figured out, Rel.

I have always loved deer. Especially fawns, which I would stumble upon periodically when I lived in Colorado. They are just so fragile, yet are able to survive so successfully. I love that about them.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

River life - glad you are making the most of it! Sounds wonderful.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

You two came across a deer and didn't have a camera?

What?

Quick, I will loan you mine, go back and get the shot, please.

;o)

I could almost see it, though... from your description.
Guess that will do!


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home