Friday, September 12, 2008

After work today we'll be gallivanting down to Morristown, NJ to attend the wedding of my paddling partners' son. We'll return Sunday night.

The fall schedule is really filling up! But I think I'll fill you in on what's coming up as the events come along.

Speaking of filling you in; Scarlett asked about the little old ladies of the canoe race story. Actually it's an anticlimactic ending. It really was a much more humorous story when they beat the pants off us. They did finish 7 minutes ahead of us the first day (Probably had something to do with us falling out of our canoe into the river.). The second day we finished 1/2 hour ahead of them, and on the third day we finished an hour ahead of them.

There are some other humorous stories from the weekend but nothing to match the lime green ladies from Inlet.

5 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

I can't wait to hear about your Fall plans.

You're right. It was more amusing when they beat you.

4:19 PM  
Blogger JP/deb said...

Hey Rel -

Glad the autumn months are shaping up to be good ones.

Peace,
JP/deb

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee-hee, The Green Ladies of Inlet. It could be an Irish song set to the tune of When Irish Eyes Are Smiling. ;)

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun! Nice to see you're still up to all kinds of mischief Rel! I spent the summer gardening and waiting for my lightening struck computer to get fixed.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I should read bottom to top because I'm too sad.


Dave and I read your posts on the race together and it was hilarious. Maybe I'll go read it again so I won't be so sad.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home