Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Reflections from the shore under the microscope


The week started with the theme of change. Today I'll reflect on a few other changes and jot them down here for posterity.

With the Autumn Equinox comes shorter days and colder nights, and so, it's time to pack up summer, button up the cottage and move back to the main house, ten miles to the west. I'll miss the changing river scenes every morning; the misty fog laden panoramas, the storms with raging waves, the calm, placid paddle inviting surface, the ocean going ships, the cruisers of the wealthy, the fishing boats of the neighbors, the seadoos and sailboats, the friendly faces of the neighbors, their waves, their smiling hellos, the cookouts and bonfires, roasting marshmallows,and swimming with my children and grand daughters. I'll miss the gleeful voices of exclamation from the fresh uncynical cherubs cavorting in and around the neighborhood: Hailey, Crystal, Grace, Makayla, Lily, and Jenna and their cadre of friends. I'll remember why it is that I return here every year!

Sixty three years ago today, this author squeezed through the tiny tunnel to burst forth in all his naked glory to join the human race. The ensuing years have brought many experiences at all points on the joyous~sad spectrum, but on this day in particular I recall my twelveth birthday more than any of the others. On this anniversary of my birth, 23 September, 1957 I received for my birthday a hair cut and a newborn baby sister.












Happy Birthday Jule. You're the bestest birthday present I ever recieved!

Tonight, our last of this season at the cottage, we'll celebrate with friends, enjoying D.s scrumpdeliicious chicken catciatori and perhaps a 6 layer, banana/whipped cream cake.

Next on the agenda: Oct 4th, 2008: the inaugral Morristown Triathelon!
Stay tuned for details....................................................

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger bonniew said...

Happy Birthday! So happy we are friends!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Well, Happiest of Birthdays to the both of you!! How fun is that, to share a birthday with your sister?! Your discription of the birthday dinner is making my mouth water. Enjoy the festivities! :^)

8:27 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Happy Birthday, Rel. One day after my daughter's. Your sister is adorable. I'd be grateful for her too.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy Birthday Rel!! Happy Birthday to your sister as well:-) Hope your day was as special as you are! xoxo

7:49 PM  
Blogger lg said...

happy birthday to you both.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Haapy Birthday Rel! Im sure you are enjoying a delicious meal tonight and that desert sounds scrumptious!!!!

8:09 PM  
Blogger (M)ary said...

happy belated birthday!

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, a belated happy birthday to you rel. I hope you had a lovely day - it sounds like you did. :)

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home