Wednesday, October 22, 2008


Now, where were we? Oh ya, now I remember; we were taking a three day tour of lower Manhattan. Sorry about that. I have a tendency to get distracted frequently. It's a condition more common in men I think (although I am acquainted with a couple of ditsy women) and gets worse as we age. That, together with diminished hearing and one would wonder how we ever finish anything. True to form; before we go back to NYC, I'd like to share Monday last's sunrise with you. Then we'll go back to the city for a bit.


With the hours of daylight diminishing as the year draws to a close (and the election looms in the darkness) I find myself driving to work now at the crack of dawn. This is what I beheld just out side the city of my employ at 0712 on 20 Oct. 2008. It was so spectacular that I had to stop and record it. I drove on turning left toward the river by the UH Adult home and anchored over the hill in front of the nursing home was this pleasure craft:
*****************************

I checked and we left off while at the Ocean Spray Co. display of a cranberry bog set up in Rockefeller plaza:

There was a booth passing out free samples of cranberry juice and pkgs. of craisins of which D. got, one of each.

Then we strolled over to a Dean and Delucca shop, but were disappointed as it was only a coffee shop and not the huge store we'd wanted to visit, which we found out later was down near the lower end of lower Manhattan.
At this point we decide to make our way over to the theater district to have lunch before attending the matinee performance of the play we had tickets to. On the way we passed by a few recognizable establishments:



Fair and balanced


There'll be a ball drop here in a couple of months. In the mean time: VOTE!

Passers-by out side the window of our lunch table here:

Enjoy your lunch. I recommend the Ahai tuna, but everything sounded good. All was quite inexpensive. Make sure to bring some ID if you want wine with lunch. No kidding!

Next: The teater. Be sure to come along, you won't regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


For additional pix of NYC go here:

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

So that's what it looks like when the sun comes up! How stunning!

I thoroughly enjoyed our tour of New York, thank you so much for it.
And, I *LOVE* Mamma Mia... I see it every time it passes through Denver, and always wind up on my feet at the end, singing and dancing along with the whole audience.

*grin*

Thanks for the quick morning trip, and the big smiles.

XO
Scarlett & Viaggiatore

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They carded you did they Rel? That's a really nice feeling isn't it. Funny how you can be so terrified of it at one stage of your life, and bask in it at others.

Thank you so much for all of the lovely pictures. Beautiful sunset.
All the wonderful shots of New York. Just lovely.

What wonderful memories you and your wife are going to have of this trip. Thanks for bringing us along. :)

2:37 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Once again, amazing photos. Very nice.

How was Mama Mia? It sounded like a lot of fun.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Between you and Tara I get to see so much. THANK YOU! I'm a picture person...dah! HUG

4:05 PM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Fun pix of NYC, but my favorite is of your view on the way to work.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Hi REl! your pics are fun! I adored mamma mia!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Hey, even I recognise those signs...and I've never been to the States, let alone NYC.

That morning sky is spectacular! Our mornings are getting lighter...daylight at 5 am now...lovely.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home