Thursday, October 23, 2008






We were standing in line to get into the theater, we already had our tickets, when I noticed the handbag the lady nex to D. was holding. You may find this odd, but I have a plausible explanation: It was a LV, Louis Vitan (sp.) bag just like the one our daughter had shown us two days before. She informed us that it was a "knock-off" bag that she got for a mere $85.00. Oh well, what do I know? Looking at the same bag while we stood in line, I wondered if it was an original or if it too was a knock-off. I didn't have the nerve to ask. You'll never guess; this lady, unknown to either my wife or myself, had a ticket for the seat right next to D. Of course we had no way of knowing this until she sat down. And yes, D. did ask her, and yes it too was a knock off.

Since we didn't travel to France this year we splurged on our tickets and had orchestra seats three rows back dead center. It was unbelievable. I felt like a member of the cast. What an incredible show. The cast were definitly having fun and the audience caught the fever and the whole place came alive. Carolee Carmello is the actress who has been playing Donna in this production for the past four years. She is an alto and such an incredible voice; this was a comedy but the purity of her voice brought tears to my eyes. Her voice pierced my body and lifted my soul outward and up to an unbelievable place , near eutopia I think. Anyway, when we left I was totally uplifted. If you haven't, and get the chance to, see this play. In fact we were so uplifted, we floated across the street to an Irish pub and bathed oor psyches with merlot and Guiness.
We wended south via the Avenue of the Americas to our hotel where I called Aris and made arrangement to get together for dinner.


Carolee Carmello in the finale.


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Fun!! So, did D. get herself one of those knock off bags?

9:01 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

That sounds wonderful. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it so much. I'm not much of a fasionista, so all of that handbag stuff is lost on me.

3:14 PM  
Blogger JP/deb said...

Thank you for your sharing your experience Rel ... I've had moments when music has lifted & touched me in that same way & it is amazing.

Peace,
JP/deb

10:19 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Oh, you saw Mamma Mia live! How wonderful...I love live shows and because of the music, that would be one of the best.

Hey knock offs these days are hard to tell from the real thing...and let's face it, having a "name" bag slung casually over one's shoulder is great cachet...for those who care about those things...lol!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There is nothing quite so amazing as listening to someone sing and have that total thrill which comes from their voice piercing your soul! Wonderful!

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home