Monday, December 08, 2008


Have you ever had those times in your life when you talked about doing something but for one excuse or another you never went ahead and did it?

Did you ever play the mental game; what would I do if I won the lottery? And matched it to the dreams you'd like to pursue, but said, alas I'm afeared to step out of the familiarity of now.

When was the last time you said; later, or I'll do it tomorrow or next week, or even next year?

Five years ago I said I was going to do something. I have not done one solitary thing to move in the direction of that goal, except to take a few vacations to my shangri-la. Xanadu was/is visited mostly at night in my pre-sleep dreams.

New horizons.


I resigned from my place of employment today!


December 8th, 2008.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well then! On to the next!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats gets a well deserved ata-boy I think! JL.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Clapping and sort of jumping up and down. ;) Welcome to retirement, you have earned it! HUG

2:29 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Wow. so, you retired? Good for you. Now you and your wife can frolic everyday together.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

That's a huge step! Now maybe you can experience some of your pre-sleep dreams! Congratulations and best wishes. :^)

5:01 PM  
Blogger Voix said...

Wow! That's awesome. I'm very happy for you.

7:19 AM  
Blogger paisley said...

i have heard it said that sometimes when god closes a door,, you have to find a window,, say what the fuck,,,,, and just jump!!!!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Chipper said...

You are crazy but its great you are taking the leap towards something you want!! Congrats!! hmmm.. does that mean more trips to WNY? :)P

9:03 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

I frankly think that I could never be brave enough to do that. What's next?

Anyway, congratulations!

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home