Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The uneventful events of an eventful trip Continued:


Sitting here listening to the freezing rain clicking against the window pane, I'm praying that Karen and Sky have a safe journey by car to Syracuse. Sky flys out today for Spain. (Lucky dog!)

The weather report for today is more conducive to inside tasks than running the roads.
It's supposed to be cold on Sat. for Bonnie's party but no precip.

The summary for today:

Snow...sleet...and pockets of freezing rain through mid morning...then a chance of snow from mid morning on. Total snow accumulation a dusting to 2 inches. Highs in the mid to upper 20s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Tonight

Mostly cloudy until midnight...then clearing. Lows around 7 above. Light and variable winds.

Let's go back to las week inTexas and more hospitable temps. Fifty-six may not seen balmy to you but, see above.

It's not that I expect anyone, except maybe family, to be interested in these little vignettes; I write about them for posterity, to jog my memory down the line, in a month or a year from now. Or even next week, perhaps tomorrow.

Friday 5 Dec. before going off to the San Antonio zoo we stopped at the Delivery Market for lunch. Delivery Market is like a Mom and Pop Deli, but is probably a chain. If it's a true mom and pop operation, then their grand kids were running the show this day. There were a few Paris cafe tables by the windows. Three, maybe four, I've forgotten. I do recall that they were to small and had too few chairs to accommodate the 5 of us. The counter girl informed us that there were tables and chairs in the basement if we wanted to use them. That settled that and we order and ate in the cellar. Hey the price was right and the service fast. Well, except that they forgot to make my sandwich, but heck, I ordered the Friday special. Oh well, just goes to show you. ;-)They did have a huge big screen TV on the wall of the basement and we got to watch O.J. Simpson get his come-uppence while we ate......... Talk about a zoo.

Addendum:

A Little About Us
Delivery Market is a family owned business that prides itself on shelving a variety of grocery and deli items to San Antonio's downtown residents, businesses and visitors. We add convenience to shopping by offering a delivery service that will bring everything you need strait to your door.

Copied from their web age.


Tag along on our visit to the zoo:

Come on in; make yourselves at home.

Come on, don't be coy now.

Yes we have birds, but take care or they'll dab their white make-up on you as they've done to me.










I'm keeping an eye on everyone of you!

Da Griz says: "That was a delightful swim, would you care to join me for another?"

"Move on, said the Asian bear. I'm a little under the weather and I'm off to see the vet. Come back another day when I can have you over for lunch."










From a cast to a cage, from loneliness to a breeding ring.....

Whatcha watchin' momma?










I'm watching those TV camera men film that edumacation class that came to entertain us today.

I could squeeze a meal outta that group!

He's not stretching the truth folks, I've seen it too many times before.

An avian vacuum cleaner. "With all these visitors, a women's work is never done."

Rats! Caught in the act again.

Hi folks. "I'm relegated to ground crew since I took that shot to my wing."











" 'Gret, we can't make up our mind; black or white?"

"Are we having fun yet? Let's hop over to rooville, and see what their up to."










"Where's Joey?"

"I don't feel like laughing OK. What? You think I'm here solely for your amusement? Joey? No I haven't seen Joey. Why do yo ask?"

"Hey, whatcha you lookin' at? You got something to say, say it. Otherwise move on. Cripes, you'd think I had warts on my face!"

"Go see Jumbo, I ain't got time for no crap today!"

"Hiya guys. Just doing a little two step here. Hang around and watch if you like."

"Bye guys and gals. Thanks for stopping by. Come again when you can stay longer."










Out the gate, and since we'd tarried longer than expected, here at the zoo, we had to forgo the planned trip to the Japanese Tea Garden just down the road. Border's was the next stop.

We finished up with supper at Joe's Crab Shack.
A perfectly terrific day!

Thanks for coming along.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

nice trip to the zoo Rel....I thought I was gonne get to go to Joes crab shack too.....darn it!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I love your travelogue posts. Since I'm stuck in Iowa, I can't get enough of your photos and stories.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Fun post! Love that statuary at the zoo!

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home