Wednesday, January 07, 2009


The new job entails a 46 mile, one way, drive.
First morning I was greeted with freezing rain. The highway department was out and doing a great job of keeping the roads bare. The drive took exacty 1 hour.
Yesterday the road and the weather was clear, the drive: 50 minutes.
Today as I type it is sleeting, snowing and blowing out of the north east. Think Nor' easter here. I'll be leaving a little early; ya think?
How do I feel about the new job? Funny you should ask. I'm lovin' it; great crew to work with, lovely facility, and really, once I'm sitting at the head of the bed passin' gas I'm definitely in my element.
Things are good!
The weather? Hey, I'm from the north country; this is what we do in the winter.
Ta-ta.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jellyhead said...

Glad to hear your new job's going well, Rel. Just drive safely, y'hear?!

5:21 AM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Everywhere else in the country is getting the snow this winter. We've had only a dusting in November. I would like to see some before spring, just for old time's sake.

Glad to hear you are loving the new job, Rel.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Sitting at the head of the bed passing gas? Ewww, Rel! Lol!

Seriously, glad you like your new job but do drive carefully. That weather would give me the heebie jeebies at the thought of driving an hour in it.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Be careful out there on the roads. It's the other driver you have to worry about - the one who drives around like an idiot.

3:34 PM  
Blogger JP/deb said...

I'm so glad you're loving the new job & still passin' the gas oh so well (great euphemism by the way!) Happy New Year Rel & stay safe on those chilly roads. Peace, JP/deb

11:37 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

IM sure you will fit right in there and be in your gassy element in no time!!! lol

1:55 AM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Happy New Year Rel. Drive safely and congrats on that new job. A great start to the new year it seems.

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home