Friday, January 16, 2009

Yesterday I got on the elevator on the lobby level and pushed the 2 button. The door closed but the elevator didn't move. So I pushed the 1 button. It lit up and the elevator rose to the first floor and the door opened. Again I pushed the 2 button. The door closed but the elevator didn't move. I then pushed the 3 button. It didn't light up and the elevator didn't move. I pushed the lobby button. The button lit up and the elevator returned to the lobby level. The door opened, rel exited and went up the stairs.

My blog friend, Catch, is afraid of elevators. I posted the above comment to her blog this morning.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

A scary moment!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I try to take the stairs as much as possible. I'm not claustrophobic, I just hate standing and waiting. I'd rather be moving.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is someone trying to tell you to get more exercise??? Lol

4:28 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

I don't like elevators either, to claustrophic for me and if I pushed a button and nothing happened, I'd be out of there so fast, you wouldn't see me go.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Im glad you got out and walked, I dont know what I would do if I got stuck in one. I always walk no matter if its 9 flights..I just take my time. Thats how I know how much Larry loves me,he walks with me!!! lol. Personally I do think its good exercise and sometimes it is faster!

2:55 AM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

I'm glad the story ended well - I thought you were going to end up stuck in that steel box!

It's good to hear things are going happily with your new job Rel (I'm just catching up on reading after a week away)

6:16 AM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

So much for modern technology.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

I don't mind elevators. When I was a grad student at Pitt, I taught in the Cathedral of Learning (a 36-story building), and the graduate students' office for the Dept. of French and Italian is on the 13th floor. I would typically teach on the 3rd floor. I would routinely walk down to go teach, but took the elevator to return to the office. The only one mishap that happened during my 8 years at Pitt was when the elevator stopped, and the doors opened onto a wall. Pushing a few buttons made the elevator start again, and it stopped on a real floor this time.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home