Thursday, April 02, 2009

Ya know the old sayin', What the heck, might as well do it today, I might be dead tomorrow-
The thing is, what if you're not dead tomorrow? One needs to show some restraint, don't ya think? Or else, tomorrow, you may not have the where-with-all to do what you want; again!

And that's only part of it. Imagine you decide to do something that would mean unpleasant repercussions if you saw the light of another day. Whoops.

Perhaps you'd atone for all your sins; cleanse your soul, clear your conscience. No down side there right? All depends; how strongly you believe in a here-after?

What if after your last breath, last EEG wiggle, last heart beat, that's all there is? Compost in a casket.

Maybe we never die. Maybe when life ceases as we know it and, left to nature, we begin to putrefy and stink. Imagine still being alive but in a state of suspended animation, senses intact, smelling your own worsening stench, feeling the pain of exposed nerve endings, constantly experiencing a feeling of suffocation. Every thought you've ever had running in an endless loop in your brain; no sleep, no surcease---- Oh you chose cremation. Hmmmm, toasty, gives a new meaning to, feel the burn.

Just ruminations folks. You know, a sick imagination. Who really believes all that malarkey about: "If you can imagine it, you can become it?" I mean, really! (actually, I do believe it.)

Don't worry, there'll always be a tomorrow. You might miss it, but the sun will rise with or without you. Right? The sun can't flame out, can it?

If the news headline said: TOMORROW CANCELLED PERMANENTLY!!!

I'd go to a place that always infuses me with calm, a place that always succeeds in sparking my imagination. I'd be in a library. The temperature would be 71 degrees F. and the humidity 49.8%. Sitting comfortably in an oak straight back chair, I'd place myself in a hypnotic trance and imagine myself transforming into a ray of light coursing through the universe for ever. Bringing light to new planets and new worlds endlessly being created.

Woe be it to the entity who disturbs my reverie to say: rel- that headline?---April Fool.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Carpe diem!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Since I don't know what will happen, I try to have as much as fun and experience as much as I can without hurting anyone else or myself. Plenty of people make their own hell on earth, and I'd rather not.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Well, today's a good day. I woke up and I was still alive...

9:44 PM  
Blogger Guillaume said...

hey there, found you on the black box at random. Nice, sinister picture you have. Now for the topic, I don't believe in God or an afterlife, because the existence of them is unverifiable. So I will lead my life acting morally for its own reward and trying to leave something for the living that will not be forgotten.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

That fellow in the cloak looks quite familiar!

I'll be sitting with you in the library mon ami.


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home