Monday, June 08, 2009


A new day, a new week. When I take time to think of all the things I'm thankful for; the list would take the better part of a day to enumerate. With a list so long anyone item gets gobbled up in the enormity of "The List."
The things I'm thankful for: I'll keep the list to ten things, of no particular order or importance, but rather 10 things that came to mind as this thought came to the fore in my mind this morning after being up for two hours.
  1. I woke; thank you God!
  2. witnessing dawn
  3. placid river
  4. fresh coffee
  5. exercise; my ability to partake.
  6. a loving (mouthy) cat
  7. brisk cool air
  8. vacation
  9. The garden and the cemetery are planted.
  10. My wife's smile. (Her warm body was nice to cuddle during the night too.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

I love, *love*, LOVE that you did this both here and FB. What a wonderful idea.
And on a Monday, no less.
There are so many things, little and huge, to be thankful for... where to begin?

With the most precious things?
With simple, sweet pleasures?
Who knows.

I could begin in a myriad of different directions.

Thank you for doing this; and Rel, I am thankful for you.

;o)

HUGS!

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

5:25 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

So sweet. What a great man you are.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

I love that because it's what I do. I read in a book a few years ago to write five things to be thankful for every day. It's amazing what a difference it makes to one's life, just giving thanks like that.

6:32 AM  
Blogger JP/deb said...

It is important to remind ourselves of the gifts that surround us and to honor the profoundness of the everyday.

Peace,
JP/deb

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home