Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A view of a segment of the Maple city trail, where I do some of my training hikes.


Here it is Tues. into my return-to-work-for-a-week week. Time to put a post up to get by the Father's day post. Aside from Christmas, I think holiday posts are good for one day and one day only so don't leave a holiday post up too many days. That's just me.

So how is it that a guy who takes the summer off for the first time in 50 years is back to work for a week? I'm glad you asked. December last when planning for this 9 month work year we determined that I could take 12 weeks off without financial hazard. So it was decided that since we rent a camp on the river every summer, June through August would be the perfect time to take off. However We have fall activities that we enjoy and two in particular require a week off from work. so a week off in September for the canoe race and a week off in Nov. to take our granddaughters to Disney meant cutting the summer vacation down to 10 weeks: Work one week in June and one in August.
The up shot to all this is that I've discovered that a week back to work is a nice reprieve after three weeks off. Remember now that this vacation includes a 2 week hike in July in the New Mexico Rockies, so these past three weeks have been devoted to an intense training routine, plus getting the garden in and of course making time to get some kayaking in. I was ready for a rest. Yessiree, a week of work is just the break I need so as to not get too tired of vacation.

Of course, true to form, this first week of summer came in with warm sunny days that are forecast to last the week. Oh well. Last evening after supper we sat at the river's edge and watched the river calm itself down and make a perfect reflective surface for another soothing sunset.

Must get ready for work. You all have a great day and I'll do the same.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

Have nice restful work week. I'm back from my vacation too.

12:43 PM  
Blogger paisley said...

and here i thought you were just the ultimate worker bee... glad to know you have it all planned out to accommodate your own needs.. that makes me happy...

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home