Tuesday, September 08, 2009

The Grass: morning, noon and evening.






It turned out to be a quiet weekend of call at Massena this just past weekend. I took advantage of the coolish, sun warmed, pre-autumn days to sit in the Veterans Memorial Park, situated on the banks of the Grass River and catch up on some reading.
The recommendation of photography how-to articles tell you that the best time to shoot photos is before 10 AM and after 4 PM. Having ample opportunity to test that theory over the weekend I took many shots of the Grass at various times from the same vantage point. I must say that I agree with the photography gurus. But I wasn't really surprised.
The books? I finished Walter Cronkite's autobiography, A Reporter's Life, (a must read if you want some insight into the workings of National politics.) The other was a book by James Patterson; non-violent nor gory: Sundays at Tiffany's. If you don't mind reading with a tear in your eye from time to time, this is a heart warming story with a happy ending. Of course it helps to believe in imaginary friends as I do.
Yesterday I started Lynne Truss' Talk to the Hand. It's as funny as her previous book; Eats, Shoots & Leaves. I'm hoping to finish it tonight while on-call again tonight in Massena.
Coming up this week-end: The Adirondak 90 miler: **YEAH**.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

beautiful photos!
thanks for the book recommendations

6:56 AM  
Blogger paisley said...

sounds and looks glorious bob!!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Looks like you had a perfect weekend, Rel! I almost picked up Cronkite's book at Sam's Club the other day.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Beautiful shots. I wish I could swim right into the pictures.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Your pictures truly do show the differences it makes when taken at various times of the day...beautiful, all of them! Glad you didn't have too many calls during the weekend, Rel, and able to enjoy some outings:-) xoxo

1:49 PM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Luvy-duvly! As the English say! Glad you can find time to reflect - we all need that!

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home