Thursday, September 24, 2009





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH7v6wordKs



I turned the page to 64 yesterday. Auspicious for a couple of reasons: My sister shares this birthday date with me; having come into this world on my 12th b'day. And the fact that my dad left this world when he was 58 means my genes have given me at least 6 more years than he had.

The day was tiring and could have passed un-noticed. Because of a family emergency for one of my anesthesia co-workers, I ended up taking call two days in a row. Wouldn't you know it but in a department known for it's laid back easy going schedule these two days turned out to be humpers with totally full day schedules interspersed with middle of the night c-section.

If D. hadn't prepared a scrumptious dinner and my favoritist bananna cream birthday cake, I'd have hit the hay as soon as I walked through the door. In fact I was so tired on the drive home, I almost pullled over to the side for a nap. The way my head was nodding, I should have.

Anyway, I got eight hours sleep last night and am ready to attack the day again today.

Sixty-four; who'd-a-thunk it? I don't feel any older than 46. Although last evening I'd have believed you if you'd said I was 94. :>)


Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger KoffeeBean said...

So happy you did make it home for your Birthday! I didn't want to eat all that cake by myself!!
64?? We used to sing that song & laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you

8:41 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Happy belated birthday. You do more than most 24 year olds.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Happy 64th Rel! As the song says: "Will you still love me, will you still need me, when I'm 64"

I'm sure D. has and does...

I'm heading for my 65th in four months' time...

5:54 PM  
Blogger UnsinkableMB said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

12:10 AM  
Blogger JP/deb said...

I haven't been commenting very often (my bad!) but SO glad I saw your b-day post. Many happy wishes dear Rel for a great upcoming 65th year - you rock!

xx,
JP/deb

11:43 PM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Happy, Happy Belated!!! Hope your day was a great one, Rel.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home