Monday, September 28, 2009


Two things to share this morning:
First Monday back at the ranch since June 1st and back to my morning workout. I built this gym way back when to diminish excuses to not work-out to just plain laziness. It worked quite well; as long as I stayed home. But now that we go to the cottage for the months of Jun. Jul., Aug. and most of September the gym doesn't see my reflection often, if at all.
Oh, to be sure I still get some exercise; paddling, walking and hiking, but it just isn't the same.
This morning I Googled, "how long does it take to break a habit." You'll interested to note that all the references were about how long it takes to break a bad habit. the consensus is somewhere between 21 days and 6 weeks.
Since no Google article addressed it I'd like to opine that to break a good habit (exercise) takes no longer than 2 weeks. And as many of you can attest, getting back into the exercise habit can take weeks, months, even years.
Today I started strength training again; damn I hate this starting over, but I'm back and I'm glad!
***********************************************************************
We hired some projects done here at the homestead to be done while we were at camp. If you follow Koffeebean's blog you've been able to keep up with the bathroom remodeling from start to finish.
The walk-way project, phase two of the patio project from last year, is well on it's way to completion. Today the man with the jack-hammer is coming to breakout the cement porch slab and then Tues. Don and Tom can finish the project. Below is the progress so far. We are supremely pleased with the results !














We even have our own Eiffel Tower image included in the walk way. Neat huh?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger bonniew said...

Looks wonderful!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

It's beautiful, Rel.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

That's gorgeous. They did a great job.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home