Wednesday, December 09, 2009

" Oh the weather outside is frightful, and the fire is so delightful............!"


The weather forecasters are predicting some wintry type of storm to last for a few days starting later today. It's quiet at the moment so the drive to Massena this morning should be uneventful; as long as I look out for the other guy. I'll stay put in Massena tonight, as I'm on call, so the challenges of winter may be by-passed on this occasion.

This inclement weather forecast reminds me of our last day in Florida last week. after a splendid week of excellent anesthesia lectures, 70 degree days, and the thrill of Disney parks with our grand daughters, Friday was reserved for an excursion to EPCOT. The day began overcast and soon developed into a day long rain. For my money, I'd have said nuts on it, lets stay in the hotel where it's dry and comfortable. But the grand babies were not fazed in the least by the rain and so we followed their lead and plunged ahead. We purchased ponchos immediately upon arrival which served to keep most of our bodies dry; most especially our respective cameras. We took in as many indoor spectacles as possible. We had a grand lunch sitting outside on the terrace of the French bistro/ patisserie barely under the cover of their canopy and actually had a fun time. After leaving the french experience, the sky opened up for a deluge which served to soak everyone from the soles of our feet up to our knees. I for one was ready to call it a day and seek the bus ride back to the hotel, but the girls really wanted to go on the SOARIN ride and pleaded to stay. Well what could I say? The whole purpose of this trip was to give the girls the Disney experience and if the weather wasn't a deterrent for them who was I to put a damper on their fun.

The ride was well worth the 55 minute stand-in-line, and when we finally left the park everyone was in a great mood despite the weather.

Taking a lesson from my my grand daughters: Make the most of your day, regardless of the weather!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Oh, that's a beautiful photo, Rel! Here I am, in my Zhivago hat, waiting for any little snowflake, and all we got was wind and rain.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

That's a great lesson. The older I am, the more likely I am to wimp out due to whether. But then I also miss out.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home