Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Last night while talking on the phone with my wife she asked if I was going to write a new blog post for today. I said that I hadn't thought of anything yet to write about so , "not sure."

Now it's approaching the time for me to leave for the surgery center and I just a few moments ago thought of something to post about.

Earlier when I first got up and looked at my calender, you know, the one with 10 things to be happy about listed everyday, I noticed first of all the date: 17 Feb. My dad was born on this date in 1920. He'd be 90 today if he hadn't left us in 1978. Happy birthday dad; I still listening!

The second thing I noticed was the list and number two on the list was ; WASHING THE DISHES BY HAND. I thought, "yup, I like to do that." Then I moved on to checking my e-mail, facebook and blogger. Let me say here a big thank you to Willow for starting up the Magpie Tales blog. It prompted me back to the writing table and, not that it matters, I had more commenters on my post than I've had in a year or more.

Now that I'm late leaving for work let me say, after hand washing my breakfast dishes: Washing dishes by hand is a calming meditative task that brings me pleasure!

No, no I said: do your own dishes! ;)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger KoffeeBean said...

I am a lucky woman!! I have 2 dishwashers!! :)
D.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Washing dishes by hand is a soothing experience I don't often take the time to do. Think I'll fill the sink with sudsy water right now.

I'm glad you're back to writing, Rel, and I'm looking forward to reading more! Keep an eye out for the next Magpie prompt. I'll post it tomorrow.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I've never had a dishwasher who wasn't me before, so I'd probably get great joy from NOT handwashing my dishes.

Happy birthday to your dad!

12:05 PM  
Blogger tori said...

I've discovered this year (after many years) that I enjoy shoveling snow. also a very meditative activity...

12:47 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Well...howabout that, Rel! February 17th was my mother's birthday! Sadly she passed away way back in 1974, but I did wish her a Happy Birthday...as I always do. :)

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home