Monday, February 15, 2010


My brother called me on the phone last week. Now there's a novel idea; communicating with someone via phone, voice to voice instead of facebooking or chatting online, texting or tweeting. In the course of our hour long conversation he mentioned that he missed my blog or more specifically he missed my writing on my blog. Admittedly, my contributions here, for awhile, have been nothing more than a poor imitation of blogging. It has been more like a facebook entry on a blog page. Aw yes facebook; what a colossal waste of time! It has a place, and that place can be an avenue to renew acquaintances from long-a-go and /or far away. For myself it has taken up far too much time....FAR TOO MUCH TIME. Time that could be spent more profitably, blogging for instance. I've a million excuses of course, like one of the things-to-be-happy-about entries on today's calender: "a perfectly good explanation." But really, what is there for me to blog about? My new job that I've been at for one month, my new granddaughter who changes profoundly on a weekly basis, responding to writing prompts on old reliable writing blogs, What! what should I write about?
Perhaps I should write about a pitcher, a pewter ewer resurrected from it's cardboard casket and placed on a blog friends mantel to serve as a prompt, an inspiration to write about. Maybe tomorrow. For now ....to work!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger JP/deb said...

that is the ever present question ... what to write about, what to express, what to say ... and why?

thank goodness for the writing prompts because they challenge me to figure out what i need to say.

whatever the muse, the prompt ... listen inside and you'll know :)

xx,
JP/deb

11:04 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Yes, FB is a waste of time. One of these days, I'll calm down with it.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

I agree FB is a total waste of space, let alone time. Not only that, but apparently users of social website like that are more likely to have problems with spam, identity theft, viruses, etc. I keep away from it.

3:10 AM  
Blogger Jellyhead said...

Yes, Rel, FB has me in its evil grip, too. I'm sure it's part of the reason why my blogging has died away, too. Lately I've been trying to limit myself to 1/2 hr or so a day .... but I don't always stick to my self-imposed rule.

Can I just add that your latest grandchild (your grandbaby!) is utterly captivating? Soooooo cute!

3:47 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

You sound so similar to me, Rel. I just needed to have a break from blogging...not only because I found myself spending so much time on it, but I feared I might run out of subjects to write about...probably a baseless fear as there is always something to write about no matter how insignificant it may be!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home