Wednesday, April 21, 2010


It's a rare post, on this here blog, where I discuss my work and even rarer, to non-existent, that you have ever seen mention of my "busy" day.
For posterity I must make note of yesterday's work schedule: busy, tiring to the max, and so, so rewarding psychologically on so many fronts.
We did 9, yes I said NINE, surgical cases in an eight hour span of time yesterday. 7 pediatric cases and two adults.
In my 38 years of administering anesthesia, I can't recall doing that many cases in a day let alone in 8 hours.
7 ENT cases: 2 Bmts and a bmt, adenoidectomy. ages 2, 4, & 3.
4 T&As (tonsils and adenoids) ages 2, 5, 11, & 7.
2 GYN cases with young adult women. 1 D&C and 1 endometrial ablation.
Started exactly on time: 0730
finished 5 minutes early: 1455.
GREAT DAY!!!!!
early bedtime :))
P.S. For those of my readers who have worked in an OR, think about this; ' that is 8 turn-overs! + 9 cases .... OMG

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

All those patients were in good hands with you, Rel.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Wow,. That's a lot. I bet it made the time go fast.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

That is a lot but I'm glad the kids had you.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

...it was a pleasure to share the load with you, monsieur Bob!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home