Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sitting here eating my gruel, with milk, I'm listening to Pandora and the song playing is; Where have all the Flowers gone.

WHERE HAVE ALL THE FLOWERS GONE, words and music by Pete Seeger.
Where have all the flowers gone?Long time passing
Where have all the flowers gone?Long time ago
Where have all the flowers gone?Girls have picked them every one
When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn?

And I ponder: Who are They?
And I answer: we are They and we seem to be deaf!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Rel! Your glorious morning oatmeal is now gruel?

I'm always pondering the ubiquitous "they".

8:43 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

It's weird how applicable this song still is today.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Great old song...I was big fan of Seeger way back in the Sixties...as well as a big fan of Peter, Paul and Mary...and Joan Baez, of course!

8:06 PM  
Blogger JP/deb said...

least you have the milk today for your gruel...
sometimes they do learn!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home