Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Coincidences

Last Thursday, Willow prompted the Magpie Tales cadre with a picture of a porcelain cup, depicting the 1937 English coronation of King George, filled with sharpened pencils. I posted my response earlier than usual knowing that I would be too busy over the weekend the spend much time blogging.

When I arrived home from Syracuse Friday evening, my wife showed me that we too had a similar memento of the same event pictured on a porcelain creamer. Ours was inherited by us from our home's previous owners when we bought their house completely furnished, in the 1940's style, back in 1975.

I suppose I could fill it with sharpened pencils also.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Rel, your synchronicities scare me. (I guess it would have scared me more if you said you kept pencils in it on your desk!)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

That's so cool. It is a bit of synchronicity.

My word verification? mating, I suppose the two are good mates.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

really, how cool was that?? i don't think i'd add any pencils to it, not pointy side up anyways ;)
you know, i've heard of people who purchase a home that is completely furnished but never knew anyone who actually had. what other pieces have you run across that might hold some interest for you?

9:49 PM  
Blogger Stafford Ray said...

Thanks for visiting and for the record, although I am not a supporter of the institution of a 'queen of Australia', Goerge VI and Elizabeth were two royals I respected for their bravery and dedication. Your coronation suvenir with photos of the young couple brought back memories of my childhood singing 'God Save the King' etc. during WWII.

Your dad's poetry is universal. I guess all fathers feel those feelings and hope those hopes. A very worthwhile and loving part of your bolg. Thanks.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home