Friday, July 09, 2010

A little serendipity yesterday:
The surgery schedule was very light; 2 cases and I was finished by 0930. I figured if I left right away from Syracuse I'd be at our cottage on the river in time for lunch and away I drove. Being mid-morning, the traffic was light, although there were plenty of troopers scanning what traffic there was. Indeed, I did arrive at the cottage at 1140, just before D. arrived with lunch fixin's from the grocery. Lunch under the cedars by the river's edge; wow, It doesn't get much better.
While enjoying the ambiance and reading my book (history of the 14th century England) Diane interjected, while reading the newspaper article describing the beginning of blueberry picking at Merkley's, that we should go out there at 5 pm and pick a few baskets full of blueberries. I wasn't keen on leaving the shore to pick berries in the sweltering heat but I relented and the results are 14 heaping quart baskets of beautiful ripe blueberries.
A simple supper of cold bbq'd chicken, tomatoes with mozzarella, basil and balsamic vinegar and fresh bread, all washed down with a Red Diamond Merlot completed a perfect unplanned spur -of-the-moment, interlude.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds perfect. YUM!!!
MDL

8:27 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

Boy you know how to live!
and I love how you called it an interlude!
That caprese salad is my favorite and so is wine...what a combo
Rel living the good life!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Wow. What a wonderful day. You really do enjoy life to the fullest.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I think I need some of those blueberries! Loads of 'em! :)

7:29 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

i can't think of a better day, rel! i think i'll take this as a sign to chill out and enjoy the rest of this beautiful day...never had just picked blueberries before...i imagine that they are fantastic!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

I loooove blueberries, especially in muffins. I love the sound of your dinner, too. Yummmm.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Sounds idyllic. A piece of summer magic. :)

7:42 AM  
Blogger Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

love the blueberries.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home