Thursday, August 26, 2010

Although official autumn is near a month away, it's this time of year, when we get teasing glimpses of the season to come, that has always been my favorite. The cooler nights invite one to fill the chiminea with seasoned wood to sit and gaze into, enjoying the blaze's warmth both physical and psychological.




The morning sun creeping up over the clouds to the east illuminates the west setting full moon.


At the same time backlighting the tremendous cacophony from the murder of crows holding court for all to hear for miles around.


It should go without saying that this is the time of year when the majority of the season's gardening efforts come to fruition


The humidity falls, the morning air is cool, crisp and fresh, especially coming south from Canada. Only a few breaths are necessary to infuse me with energy, looking forward to the new day.



It's a good day to count our blessings: good health, close family, comfortable circumstances amidst trying times nationally and world wide.




Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Jennifer said...

As far as I'm concerned - the best thing about this time of year is the harvest. I am, with you, counting my blessings.

Lovely post.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Amen. It's a beautiful time of year and I always try to count my blessings.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Ah, you're looking forward to cooler days and I'm hanging out for summer. I hate the cold and one of these days I'll go north during winter and come back here for our hot summers.

8:21 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

Chimenea huh? Had to read that over again and say it in Spanish to understand! Haha! Love it.

Been browsing through some of your posts....good blog you have here....will surely come visit again....

1:20 PM  
Blogger mareymercy said...

Oh, I agree - fall is the BEST season of all!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home