Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ever since my 59th birthday I've thought from time to time what it would feel like to be 65.  You see, most of the men on my father's side of my family died on or before their 58th birthday.  So when I celebrated my 59th a huge weight evaporated from my mind.

Today my 65th anniversary has arrived.  Do I feel any different than, say, when I was 64 or 59 even?  I can't say that I do.  But I do feel different than when I was 15.

"I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now" 

  1. At 15 I could ride a bike.
  2. At 65 I can ride a bike, but I can drive a car too
  3. I was too young to go to war
  4. I'm to old to go to war
  5. I had hair at 15--- dark and curly
  6. I don't have that problem today
While there are some things about being 65 that might be discouraging,  it's the best deal I could negotiate today.
At 15 life gave me 100%,  At 65 I give life 100%

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

Happy birthday! I get happier and happier every year. It sounds like you do too. Yea! for aging.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy Birthday dear Rel!! Hard to believe you're 65, you're so active and young looking:-) I hope your day has been a terrific one! xoxo

7:59 PM  
Blogger Milady de Languor said...

Happy birthday, you young whippersnapper! 65 is just a number and you totally crush all of the stereotypes! Hope you've had a splendid day, and I raise a glass to at least 40 more birthday celebrations! :)

11:56 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Oh Happy Birthday!
life is better i think with age
if you've led a decent life
honoring yourself and those you love
and I think you have
enjoy!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Helena said...

That last line just choked me - what a fabulous approach to aging. Happy 65th!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home