Friday, December 10, 2010

Jack Frost arrives

A life long shoveler, well at least since I was 10 or 12 let's say, gives in after 50+ years and purchases a mechanical  motorized device with which to remove snow.  I don't like motorized devices such as this; to include lawn mowers, rototillers, weed whackers and such.  Mainly because I don't like to fix them, well that is to say I don't know how to fix them and have zero desire to learn.  But with the population of eligible teens willing to earn some spending money, shoveling snow this year, seemingly non-existent, and the fact that it takes me an hour or more, depending on the height of the snow fall, to shovel my 30" X 30" drive and I have an hours drive to work it seemed imperative that I procure a machine to remove snow quickly and efficiently; Voila: rel's first trial run with the new machine.

Already I have to dismantle the directional chute and reinstall it since it won't turn to the right. 
It's always the little niggling things that piss you off, isn't it?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

I've never used a snow blower. I wouldn't turn one down, though...

5:07 PM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Aint that the truth! (re small things brassing you off ...) It's been great to call in and catch up with you and your world Rel. As always, beautifully written - it's as if I was there talking to you over a cup of tea (or coffee).

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home