Friday, January 14, 2011

 Our daughter and son-in-law live a four hour drive from us.  Although, recently, my wife has discovered that she can fly round trip inexpensively and the trip is less than an hour one way.
The newly weds have purchased and closed on their first home and want to show it off to us, well to me, my wife saw it when they were first looking at it.  And they'd like some help moving in.

It was decided that we'd fly rather than drive, it being winter and all.  Now, I don't enjoy airplanes on the best of occasions but I'm less impressed by these "puddle jumpers."  I've been over-ruled; what's new?  In 2 hours, give or take, I'll be taking the 50 minute kite flight to Albany; wish me luck ;)
We arrive at five and then straight to the Japanese Steakhouse for a Saki resuscitation.  Fortification for tomorrow's moving enterprise.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

I'm not keen on planes, either, Rel. I can understand your apprehension at sitting in that little Tonka toy, it wouldn't do me at all.

However, it's only for 50 minutes...but then you have to come back, don't you? Hmmm, maybe you could grow your own wings? Lol

3:59 PM  
Blogger The Blog of Bee said...

You're brave! Although I know you made it back. we call them 'island hoppers' and I refuse to get onto anything that has propellers!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

It sounds like the flight went okay, then. Glad to hear it.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home