Saturday, January 08, 2011

 What do you write about when you have nothing to say?

Okay!  That was easy.

Well I mean, you know what I mean, I mean; I've always got something to say, but what do you write when your mind is blah and nothing creative, cute, exciting, clever, or informative jumps to the surface?

It's only 8 days into the new year, the first year in an eon where I made a resolution; one crappy resolution: write something on the blog everyday, and here I am in the waning hours of the day thinking; I got nothin' boss, nothin'.
Hi, my name is rel and I'm a googaholic.  I go to google 100s of times a day.  So I went to Google and asked the question you see as the title of this post.  What did I learn?  Why, surprise, surprise, surprise, I learned that when you have nothing to write about, write.  Write about a news headline, a current event, what you did today, what you're going to do tomorrow.

Politics is always good if you like controversy and you can count on controversy if you express an opinion about politics. Today a United States Congresswoman from Arizona was shot.  Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head along with other aides and people who may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I am appalled to put it mildly.  I don't know the shooter's politics nor his motives, but there is plenty of speculation to go around.  Was this heinous act  in fact politically motivated, that is to say, did the shooter feel the congresswoman to blame for something he thought was wrong and  decide to punish her by taking her life.  WE, collectively, are too quick to point the finger of blame, but in fact it's become common place.  And even now folks are pointing the finger of blame to explain why or partly why the shooter was motivated to target this congresswoman.  That's all I've got yo say about that except this adage passed down from adults to children since the beginning of time:  When you point the finger of blame, just remember, there are three fingers pointing back at yourself.

If my brother was over here visitn', we'd have plenty to talk about.  We never sit around staring at each other, thinking; I got nothing to say.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Puss-in-Boots said...

Hsppy New Year, Rel. I've made no resolutions per se, but I have found myself motivated to declutter, replace old worn out and hokey looking stuff with new and things like that. Even blogging and I haven't done that for a few months.

But I know all about writer's block as do all would be writers/authors and we are all told the same thing...just write, which you have done and rather well, may I say.

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and that 2011 is all you wish it to be.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I always try to write about a memory or read an author I really like to inspire me.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home