Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Yesterday I awoke a little before my appointed time of 0330, but hey, when you're awake might as well make use of the time.

It's been a month since I contracted a head cold that subsequently progressed to bronchitis, and while it is still plaguing me, yesterday, for awhile at least, it was in remission enough so that I decided to try doing my exercise routine, which I had not felt up to for the month.  I'm pleased to say that all went well and my spirits were elevated when I was able to complete my workout.


Around 0530 I took a peek through the curtains of the front window and lo and behold the windshield, well actually my entire car, was encased in a 1/4 inch of freezing rain.  Holy smokes, I'm on call!  If I get called it'll take me a half hour to clean off the windshiel!! (Not good)  So out I go in my PJs and start the car and turn on the defroster and cross my fingers.  At 0630, when I left for work (no I never did get called) the car was clean as could be.  It was still raining but not freezing on my car.  Unfortunately I can't say the same for the roads.  The worst was the parking lot at the hospital though: a refresher course was held in the lack of control one has over their car when on glare ice.  Fortunately no mishaps occurred,. I got the car parked safely in the snow bank and carefully exited and crept slowly across the lot to the safety of the building.

A fitting way to end February.  Now on to spring!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger KoffeeBean said...

I would much rather have snow than ice!! Spring!! Yes!! Warmth, new growth, new blooms, new adventures, yes, Spring will be very welcome!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

sorry you've had that bad cold / bronchitis! Sorry your weather is still so wintry too. Definitely spring here, though still a chill in the air

11:32 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

I can't imagine facing a morning like that. No snow or ice around these parts where I dwell! Well, I do have some ice in my freezer...but that's another story!

We're welcoming autumn here with heatwave...I'll be glad when winter comes. We've had a horrendous summer with tragic storms, cyclones...you name it! And on top of all that our friends and neighbours across the ditch in New Zealand are dealing with the aftermath of the earthquake that hit Christchurch and the Canterbury area. So many have had a shocking start to 2011.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

We had that freezing rain here on Saturday when I was driving back from Des MOines. Not fun.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home