Saturday, April 23, 2011

Verbosity
Have you ever come to the page with nothing to say, but said it anyway? 
Of course lately my visits to the page have been as scarce as hens teeth.  The reason is not that I have nothing to say, shucks I have plenty to say.  I've got tons and tons of answers to most of the worlds problems.  Just ask me I can go on for pages expounding on my views.

Actually, of late, I feel like I'm in a museless state; not thinking anything I might say is really worth saying, or more than likely, I've already written about it some where in this blog over the past 5 years or so, and am loath to repeat myself: why should art imitate truth.

I have no pearls of wisdom or whispers of gossip to impart to my adoring fans.  When you refrain from posting regularly and simultaneously stop visiting and commenting on other blogs the cadre of adoring fans dwindles to a few hangers ons, family and lurkers. 

A few days ago I mentioned that there was an increase in the visits to my blog from folks interested in a picture of a pileated woodpecker I had posted for a wordless Wednesday.  Well, that interest has not dissipated.  When I was an active participating blogger my site meter hits averaged out to around 40 hits a day.  For close to a month now my average daily hits have been in the high seventies.  That's a doubling of hits at a time when my participation in the blog world has been at it's lowest level.  I searched the blog sphere for some clue to the avid interest in pileated woodpeckers and can find none.  I continue to get the seasonal hits form Korea looking for Thomas Hardy writings and a regular searching for Erma Bombeck's "I loved you most" essay.  Both of which I wrote about in the past.  But if this wood pecker search persists it will out pace any previous posting under the microscope.

I'm not always verbose:  I can be concise an when I have something to say.   No unnecessary adjectives, just the facts mam just the facts.  When I have nothing to say I can say it on and on.


Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger The Blog of Bee said...

I know just what you mean! People are still coming on a daily basis to look at my 'A Dire Prophecy?'!! And I cannot for the life of me understand why my blog 'I'm Allergic to Shell Fish' which was written yonks ago, still has so many hits!

BTW - I'm still trying to finish my book shelf!!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Stafford Ray said...

Rel, I wonder why some bloggers need to tell us what they had for breakfast... every day! Then I wonder why such mundane stuff attracts so many comments.
But then, I understand we are all here for different reasons, It seems most are here to feel connected and what better way than to compare Wheaties with Cornflakes, a subject we can all comfortaby share.

5:31 PM  
Blogger The Blog of Bee said...

No Wheaties or Cornflakes in this house - oh dear, nothing to 'talk about'!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I do find it fascinating the things people look up to get to my blog.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home