Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The weather channel is predicting rain and thunder storms for later today.  I suspect it's the storm from the Midwest making it's way to the Atlantic ocean.  Right now it's another picture perfect morning on the river; sunrise casting a golden glow on the slightly rippling river, birds offering their lyrical praise to the day's awakening, and stillness.  Stillness gives room in one's mind for contemplation.

I was on call Monday and therefore had to spend the night at the apartment (frat house), and we were supposed to have a department dinner mtg. last evening which would have necessitated staying over another night.  Since we finished the schedule early, we decided to have our mtg in the OR lunch room and so I made it to camp by 2 pm yesterday and got to sample the baking efforts of D. and Crystal: banana muffins and fresh strawberry rhubarb pie.  I must say they were scrumptious.

If it rains today the ladies are contemplating a shopping excursion.

We are a couple weeks late in taking up residence here at the camp and I note an absence of ducks, ducklings and geese.  Although I'm told the geese made their unwelcome deposits regularly right up to two days before we arrived.

Grace came over with Lady, her cocker spaniel, last evening.  She said they haven't moved in yet because the TV isn't hooked up yet.  Gotta get those priorities straight. :)

Well it's shower and bkfst time and then the 30 minute trek to Massena.

Oh yeah, I discovered the treasure trove of audio CDs available at the Massena Library!!!  Currently listening to John Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

I like that you are listening to Steinbeck. I always enjoy his writing. Must visit him again sometime soon!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I hope you don't get quite the storms we've had here. I'm a little sick of thunderstorms for a while.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home