Friday, August 05, 2011

D. and I will be hopping on board the puddle jumper out of the 'burg this afternoon for a 2 hour transit to the great city of Boston, Mass.  Looking forward to revisiting my favorite U.S. city.  It's been too long since we've been there.

The occasion is the annual meeting of my professional organization; AANA.

I'm not a big fan of the Annual mtg. because the emphasis is on the politics and business of the association.  And while I think these things important, I prefer meetings where the emphasis is on clinical acumen.  But the mtg is in Boston and therein lies my motivation.  I've attended a handful of Annual meetings in my 39 years of living my dream and administering anesthesia in the clinical setting.  There is always an ulterior motive when I choose the Annual mtg for my yearly continuing education conference.  The mtg is moved to cities around the country to make it convenient for the membership to attend when it is scheduled in their area.

Boston being my favorite city to visit means that whenever the mtg is held there I will attend.  I went to the meeting in San Francisco for the sole purpose of meeting our middle sons in-laws.  We attended the mtg. in New Orleans to meet up with old anesthesia school classmates.  We did go to a Chicago mtg back in the days before they stared moving the mtg. around the country and it was always there in Chicago.  That's when I was young and new to the profession.  Gung ho and wanting to participate in the political process, so I took in my first annual meeting in Chicago.

I prefer to attend the meetings of Dannemiller in Texas and the NAFA mtg in Williamsburg, but since I already have my required continuing education credits I'll avail myself of the opportunity to walk the "Freedom Trail" and scope out Newberry st. and  well just get reacquainted with Boston.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

My guy lived in Boston for almost 20 years. I know there are a lot of things he misses about it. have fun!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Happy trails!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home