Friday, January 06, 2012

Dreamstate while awake

 I've been a blogger for 69 months; since May 2006 and I'm wondering if I haven't exhausted my treasure chest of ideas, knowledge, and thoughts on erudite topics.  Probably not, but it does get harder to find something interesting to blog about.  This is especially true if when blogging or searching for a topic one is thinking about an audience.  If you step away from blogging for any amount of time, that is, fail to come to the page or fail to comment on other blogs, your following will diminish to Google searches, "next blog" searches and perhaps, occasionally, a family member or close friend will pop over to see if you've come out of your shell.  That's kind of freeing in a way; one feels freer to write anything, and everything that comes to mind and to hell with what "My readers" will like.  We'll see!

Dreams.  I've been dreaming of late.  Of late being the last couple of years or less.  "They" say that everybody dreams, but for the longest time of my adulthood I have little recollection of dreaming.  I mean that I've commented aloud at the time that I wonder why I don't dream.  I know dreams are forgotten within the first 5 minutes of awaking.  That's not what I mean.  I just never awakened with the knowledge of having dreamed anything.  It was different as a child.  I had all the requisite dreams about paralyzing fear and chase scenes, erotic dreams and nocturnal emissions and premonitory dreams especially about dead relatives or soon to be dead relatives.

Now once again I'm dreaming; nothing bizarre or unsettling, but actually the process if not the content is comforting in a way.  You know, that feeling that you've joined the click, that you're like everybody else.  Well any way that's where I'm at.  That said, back in the days of Poetry Thursday (a poetry (duh) blog)  I did awaken with a poem in my head, from time to time. that necessitated my quickly arising and writing it down first thing upon awaking.  That hasn't happened in a while.

This morning's dream scene in the waking moments was a beach, camp scene including my friend Leigh, and Katie and many assorted and unknown kids and the ocean and swimming and towels and well of course I've forgotten the the memory now but that's the gist of it.
Maybe I should come to the keyboard and immediately write my remembered awaking dreams.  Who cares; nobody will read it here and I'll feel freer to speak/write naturally.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read this and quite frankly does dreaming a lot have to do with the movie "The Devil Inside" because that movie came out the same day as this was written. I don't know if it really has any correlation, but I highly doubt that because everybody dreams. It's just a way of connecting random ideas and thoughts that are in the brain into a masterpiece of a dream and can spark interest/inspiration or can become a nightmare. Dreams, I feel, have symbolic meaning within them and there is some truth behind them such that falling off of a cliff can mean you are not level and not able to get some structure in your life. Life is about balance so the fun has to match up to the work (and the other way around) or else the equation of life will not work out. As for blogging, go ahead! someone will read it. I found that this one was really interesting just from searching in the Google search bar, "interesting". So definitely keep doing what you're doing and write on!

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its totally cool that you've been blogging for 69 months... haha, 69.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home