Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Metaphysical

Awake at 0200.  Not unusual.  Woke up thinking about mankind and his place in the universe.  This is not the first time my mind has followed this train of thought, but the interesting thing is how it persisted over the next hour while slipping in and out of slumberville.  I resolved that if the idea could persist for another half hour through my work-out then I'd make it the topic of today's blog post.  It's 0500 now and time to shower and make ready to depart for the shop. 

Our bodies are covered with germs and unless we get a breakdown in our skin's defense system they do what ever they are designed to do and no harm comes to us the organism.  Man in his infinite ego, although I suspect that Strep and Pseudomonas aeruginosa  have equally high regard for themselves, thinks he is here on this planet for some higher purpose; a creation of some higher power for some grandiose purpose.  Perhaps that is true but I suspect that we are just one of many cogs in the universe's wheel.

In essence I'm inclined to believe that we, mankind, are but a germ on the entity we call earth and the earth is a germ in the wider cosmos of the universe and so on up the line.  Everything has a purpose and when the defenses are breached catastrophe is in the making;  think strep infection, psuedomonas blood poisoning etc., etc..

That's it.  Extrapolation only brings me back to the same conclusions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

All microcosms of the macrocosm. Very deep.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home