Thursday, January 12, 2012

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.....



Today

Sleet...snow and freezing rain. Total snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Ice accumulation of up to a tenth of an inch. Highs in the lower 30s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
Tonight

Freezing drizzle likely or a chance of sleet until midnight. Cloudy with a chance of freezing rain. Lows in the upper 20s. Southeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Okay then.  The weatherman warned us yesterday afternoon and throughout the evening that this was coming; freezing rain.  It's not that I didn't believe him; I seriously thought about staying at the frat house overnight.  Certainly that would have been safer and I'm thinking now at0400 in the morning with the freezing rain pelting me as I wheel the trash bin to the curb, that I was foolish to come home 50 miles away.  My reasons seemed valid yesterday with balmy, sunny skies.  I turned the heat down to 58 when I left for work yesterday morning and the cat isn't used to prolonged periods of time of the house being that cold.  Jane is going to check on him and make sure he has food and fresh water, but she probably won't touch the thermostat.  The other factor is that I'm on call this weekend and will be at the frat house Friday through Monday.  So I decided to come home and make sure everything was in order.  This forecast is supposed to last into this evening so I'll not make the same mistake twice; I'll extend my stay at the frat house to Thurs. thru Mon.  Of course I still have to get there this morning!


 
So then, I'd better get a move on; wish me luck !!

1 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

luck!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home