Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I awoke fat and discombobulated.

OK, I wake up fat everyday.  Not obese,  too fat, but I'm uncomfortably used to that state of affairs.
Certainly I've been discombobulated before, but this time it seems more pronounced.....
Let me explain;  I spent the better part of last week at the on call apartment (frat house ;)), 5 out of 7 days.  Which is not new but not a regular occurrence - 5 out-of 7 days, that is.

Yesterday afternoon I laid down to take a nap.  Twenty minutes later the phone rang and shocked me awake with intermingled thoughts of: I'm being called in, where's the phone, where am I and then the slow realization that; I'm home, not on call and the phone is not for me.  And now I can't doze off again because now I've got an ache in my left hip.  (Yeah, getting old and arthritic fits in there with fat and discombobulated too).
This morning one of the rarest of rares happened: I was aroused form a deep dream state at 0330.  Yes 0330 is my normal time to get up but almost never do I get wakened by the alarm.  I'm usually awake by 0315 and down stairs in the kitchen by 0325 drinking coffee.

When the alarm buzzed this AM, I again, came-to slowly and disoriented as to time and place.  WTH?

Everyday brings a new thought to blog about.  Isn't being human a great thing?
That double picture?  Yes, I did that on purpose.  I knew you were dying to ask.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger hyperCRYPTICal said...

Never on call, but I love those days when I wake up totally confused thinking I have slept in and will be late for work and then, the wonderful realisation that I'm off! Whoopee!

Understand the hip thing...

Anna :o]

2:45 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

Well, at least it was probably nice to know that you were finally home when you woke-up.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Kitten said...

I know those moments of confusion waking up not quite knowing where I am. But feeling as if I've been somewhere. It takes time to recover.

Great first line btw. Made me smile.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home