Monday, February 09, 2015

conversations in the shower.

 

Many of my more interesting conversations begin in the shower and end in the bathroom mirror. 

Remember, Matthew 18:3? "Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

I was thinking about my exercise routine for yesterday and today; noting, I can easily put off/postpone a day's scheduled activity until later or even tomorrow.  One reason for this, I think, is that I view exercise as a chore or something to do to maintain health, vigor, vitality and promote an active progression into old age.  My grandchildren, on the other hand, run, swim, do gymnastics, self styled zumba/dance for "FUN."  They are active because they enjoy having fun.  WOW, what a novel idea.

Yesterday I said to myself in the morning; "self, I'll run later, when it warms up."  Surprisingly, amid a major distraction, I donned my running togs and went for my run, then and there.  This morning I told myself I'd do my strength training routine later this afternoon at the gym.  Having told this lie to myself so many times before; I got up from my desk chair and did chin-ups, push-ups, shoulder raises, bicep curls and the plank.  The afternoon workout will be a bonus.

Now, to make exercise fun again.

"Philosophy triumphs easily over past and future ills; but present ills triumph over it."
                                                     
                                                                 Francois De La  Rochefoucauld

 


1 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

When I was a child I was told never to talk to strangers - so when I see the stranger in my mirror looking back at me, I don't talk to her!

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home