Monday, August 10, 2015

Guilty pleasure



Everyday, in the early afternoon
I become a sinner.
Guilty pleasure.
Blind myself from recrimination,
Unseen, unseeing;
Indulging sets my spirit free.
I take you in,
You course through me 
Make yourself known
To every dendrite.
Unlocked, my imagination soars.
Each exhalation, slow exhilaration.
My enemy, my friend;
My Ava gardener.
I'm 150 years old;

“I wish to live to 150 years old, but the day I die, I wish it to be with a cigarette in one hand and a glass of whiskey in the other.”

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. "To every dendrite" fabulous. Loved this so much.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

My sentiments exactly

11:05 PM  
Blogger Gemma Wiseman said...

Just let me be what I want to be. A grand affirmation of identity.

5:32 AM  
Blogger brudberg said...

Oh what a wish.. Forever young.. a dream.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Berowne said...

Good luck; you're gonna need it.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Have you been reading "Fifty Shades of Grey", Bob? :)

6:19 PM  
Blogger Churlita said...

I don't want to die smoking, but I wouldn't mind a drink in my hand...Lovely work here.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home